call traceПланирование и оптимизация сетей GSM

Ответить
QIP
Начинающий нетмониторщик
Нетмонитор: E61i

call trace

Сообщение QIP »

Hi all,

anybody knows any parser/ program to open the call analysis files with MSC extension?

Regards
ASQTK7
Nartin
Известный нетмониторщик

Сообщение Nartin »

What equipment was used to make a *.msc file?
Ask you colleges to make a *.txt file on that equipment, because usually it's impossible to view such files with ordinary programs.
QIP
Начинающий нетмониторщик

Сообщение QIP »

well these files results from the BSC trace !!! can be found on the call trace servers and opened by motorola related tools, but we need to process these files for some info, not to look at them indiviually.. so i thought if someone knows the format or a tool that would open them
ASQTK7
knyaz
Нетмониторщик
Нетмонитор: Nokia6230i

Сообщение knyaz »

There are no similar programms becouse each equipment has only private programms. As for us, we use "Acterna" tools for all interface and... hm...hm... what sort of info do you want to extract? May be you are needed by other sourse of information.
Nartin
Известный нетмониторщик

Сообщение Nartin »

IMHO, It's a dead idea to do something with such types of files, that are used only within some rare soft instruments.
Find a way to save the data in ordinary file type or to use the existing equipment.
QIP
Начинающий нетмониторщик

Сообщение QIP »

we are tryin to calculate the call setup time, average... so we need to process bulk call traces to calculate the time between certain messages, ie channel request, immediate assignment, etc...

btw; anyone know what affects call setup time? how to reduce it? maybe interference on the SDCCH TSs ? any ideas?
ASQTK7
knyaz
Нетмониторщик
Нетмонитор: Nokia6230i

Сообщение knyaz »

You should use MSC Traffic Statistic, not trace MSC. There are many points can be affects to call setup time. How mach setup time in your system?
p.s. We should use trace only in cases to solve some problem with certain telephone or only in global faults.
QIP
Начинающий нетмониторщик

Сообщение QIP »

I am not doing MSC trace, we are performing BSC traces only; we are doing the trace to benchmark new low CSSR values that resulted from MSC upgrades. (Siemens SR13)

Call Setup time can go up to 13 seconds
ASQTK7
Ответить